Admitted as a solicitor: 1981
Martin advises and acts for a wide range of clients in connection with all aspects of planning, environmental law and related areas. These include developers, major corporations, local authorities, national & international governments/agencies, investors, retailers and landowners, as well as private individuals.
He is licensed to accept instructions via the Bar’s Public Access and Direct Professional Access schemes. As well as extensive experience appearing in Court and at public inquiries, he regularly features in lists of highly rated planning and environmental counsel, (Legal 500, Legal Experts) and was “recommended for contaminated land and was involved in one of the first test cases” (Chambers UK).
Martin provides advocacy, strategic and legal advice to various business sectors including town centre/out-of-town retail, leisure, telecommunications, infrastructure, industrial/employment development. His practice covers the following areas :
- Appeals & development plan inquiries
- Lawful development certificate application & appeals
- Town & village greens
- Compulsory purchase orders & compensation claims
- Listed buildings & conservation areas
- Judicial review & statutory challenges
- Parliamentary proceedings
- Footpath inquiries
- Contaminated land
- Water resources & water industry consents
- Pollution offences under the Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Nuisance & negligence arising from pollution incidents
Example clients include:
Aberdeen Asset Management, Premier Foods, Halfords, Currys/PC World, Persimmon, Kings Oak Homes, Tata Steel, Royal Mail, Thanet District Council, Derbyshire County Council, Three River District Council, etc.
Martin Edwards wins Dreamland Round 2
Martin Edwards Collaborates with the College of Law on National Planning Policy Framework DVD
Martin Edwards Wins in Dreamlands CPO Case
Thirty Nine Essex Street's Martin Edwards celebrates 20 years as a contributor to Estates Gazette
Water Resources Management Plan: inquiry outcome