Mediation & Arbitration
Members of chambers include CEDR and other accredited mediators and act as arbitrators and expert assessors. They can offer arbitration, mediation and ADR in the form of early neutral evaluation, as required.
Members are active as trained mediators in both the private and public sectors. In the private sector, their experience includes employment, commercial and construction mediations. In the public sector, chambers has been extensively involved in training the treasury solicitors in mediation skills, educating central government as to the utility of mediation and guiding various departments through mediation process and mediating disputes involving government departments. At the local government level, chambers has been involved in similar initiatives as well as formulating with CEDR the best means for resolving local government disputes.
Areas of Work
As specialists, members of chambers are well placed and qualified to undertake the role of mediator in a wide variety of disputes. Each of our team has a professional qualification as a mediator and can confidently perform in the following areas of expertise:
- International Practice, including disputes in Australia, Belize, Bermuda, Cayman, Dubai, Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, the Caribbean and the USA.
- Civil and commercial work
- Construction disputes
- Clinical negligence and Personal Injury
- Environmental and Planning
- Professional Liability
- Property including Landlord and Tenant Act disputes
- Judicial Review, Public Law, and tortious claims of a public nature
- Community Care
- Local authority disputes
- Regulatory practice